The legal team at Littman Family Law is highly experienced in many areas of adoption, including stepparent, custodial, same-sex parents and kinship adoptions. Adoption is a legal process that requires careful work and attention to detail. It can also be very overwhelming for the adopting family.
Adoption Services Provided By Littman Family Law In Denver
We understand that adding to your family is an emotional time. You may face unexpected emotional highs and lows while waiting for an adoption to finalize. The process can be difficult to navigate and understand, but our team has the experience, skill and compassion to provide you with the greatest opportunity to complete the adoption process successfully. Our attorneys and paralegals can assist you with the following types of adoptions:
- Stepparent adoptions: A stepparent adoption is a situation where a stepparent wants to adopt a child from their spouse’s former marriage or relationship. Either the other biological parent of the child is not involved in the child’s life or they will give their consent to the adoption.
- Custodial adoptions: A custodial adoption is when a child has been in your custody for a certain period of time and the biological parents are not involved in the child’s life or are giving their consent to you caring for the child and eventually adopting.
- Kinship adoptions: A kinship adoption is when a family member wishes to adopt a child who has been in their care for a certain period of time and the biological parents are either not involved in the child’s life or are giving their consent to the adoption.
- Same-sex adoption: If the two partners in a committed relationship are of the same sex and wish to adopt either a biological child of one of them or a child not related genetically to either, we can assist with the process.
- Consultant when agency adoptions have not proceeded as expected: If an agency adoption has taken a difficult turn or appears to be failing, we are available to consult and co-counsel.
- Contested adoptions: If you are a biological parent who wishes to object to the adoption of your child by another person, we can advocate for your rights in this situation as well.
The legal process of adoption can be frustrating, but we can help make this journey much less stressful, and working with an experienced lawyer can make all the difference. You will have a highly trained paralegal assisting you with the process and performing the majority of the necessary paperwork in order to keep your legal fees to a minimum.
At Littman Family Law, we are here to help clients every step of the way. We have helped close to 100 families throughout the metro area and rural counties surrounding Denver. To schedule a consultation, call us at 303-832-4200 or send us an email.